- Job Opportunity
Development & Operations Coordinator
Schedule: Full-time, Monday–Friday, additional evenings and weekends
Status: Salaried, Exempt
Benefits: Full Health and Vacation Benefits, shared Dental and Vision
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF attachment that includes a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The subject line of your email should be: Devo and Ops Coordinator: your name.
Position Posting Date: August 19, 2019
Deadline to submit application: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 11:59 PM
Projected start date: October 2019
The Operations and Development Coordinator position is an exciting professional opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized individual with communication and community engagement skills and a desire to work with a dynamic non-profit arts organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
FUNDRAISING, EVENT PRODUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
- Support Executive Co-Director in producing Southern Exposure’s annual benefit auction and other annual fundraising and community-building events, including the Monster Drawing Rally.
- Facilitate auction art procurement efforts in collaboration with the Artistic Director and the Fundraising Committee, and act as point of contact for participating artists, galleries, framers, donors, and sponsors.
- Recruit artists for Monster Drawing Rally with support from members of the Southern Exposure community.
- Support efforts of the Fundraising Committee; schedule and attend Fundraising Committee meetings.
- Seek sponsorship and in-kind donations from businesses for events.
- Manage contracts, communications and logistics with outside vendors for events.
- Manage 1-2 interns for specific special events and coordinate event volunteers.
- Enter accounts payable in QuickBooks Online. Process payments and deposits. Manage office procedures and records.
- Work with Board Treasurer and Executive Director to reconcile accounts and enter accounting codes.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the organization and support all programs, events, and projects as needed.
- Manage application intake, processing, communication, and grant database for Southern Exposure’s re-granting program, Alternative Exposure, under the supervision of the Artistic Director.
- Assist with application informational sessions. Organize jurying sessions and support jurors.
- Manage timely correspondence with grantees and general related administration.
- Coordinate events and video documentation with Artistic Director, videographer and grantees.
FACILITY RENTAL MANAGEMENT
- Manage facility-related logistics for rental events, clearly communicating parameters for use of space to renters, and ensuring their compliance.
- Provide description and visuals to prospective renters if exhibition will be present in the space during the desired rental time.
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries.
- Arrange tours and meet interested parties on-site to show facility.
- Reconcile facility availability with Southern Exposure programing schedule.
- Create contracts and invoices for all rentals.
- Create checklists for renters outlining their obligations.
- Manage on-site event coordinator for events.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about supporting artists, has a minimum of two years experience in nonprofit administration, fundraising, and/or events management and is highly organized, detail oriented, results-driven, effective in delegation and communication, an excellent multi-tasker and calm under pressure. Pluses: proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, database management, budgeting, volunteer coordination, and familiarity with contemporary art.
Southern Exposure is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.